Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Have a look around, read a bit about me! I'm sure you'll find things a little interesting :)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Good day :)

I actually quite enjoyed today :) It seemed like today wasn't going to be such a good day because we had 3 assignments due (2 for one class as well!). However, it actually wasn't so bad, and we even ot out an hour early from class..for both classes! It was actually a pretty good day!

I think the highlight of day, however, would have to be in Inclusons II. We had finished the roleplay, and were waiting for two of our friends to finish as well so we could leave. Kiana, a friend of mine, was talking about how she had finally got all her assignments done and caught up to date.

Kiana: "I finished all my assignments last night!"

Me: "Good job Kiana! Oh wait, we're not supposed to say that...I see you worked very hard last night,"

It made all my friends laugh! Because, you see, in ECE we ARE NOT supposed to tell the children "Good job" for many reasons. Some of them inslude: Manipulation, taking away their success, and to reinforce good behaviour. You see by saying good job, we are basically telling them they did it right. Like if they did it a different way, it would have been considered wrong. So, I just had to say it to Kiana lol.

But overall, today was a good day. One more day then I have no classes for 3 weeks...one week off (yes can't wait!) for study break, then my 2 week block placement. Cant wait to go see the adroable little kindygarten faces again :D

Till later,
Nessie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment