Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Have a look around, read a bit about me! I'm sure you'll find things a little interesting :)

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Do you remember when...

Do you remember when we were younger? About 4 or 5 years old and everything was simple? You laughed, you cried, you played and had fun. There was nothing to stress about except which toy to play with, and who to play with it with. You got to colour and make crafts, you had a nap time in the middle of the day, and life just seemed to easy. But all you wanted to do was be a big kid.

Lets flash fowards a bit. Do you remember when you were in grade school? When homework started to build slightly. Kids were pickier on who they were friends with. They critizied you for who you hung out with and how you looked. Again you wanted to grow older, to get bigger, be like your mom or dad.

Let's go a but farther. Do you remember grade 6,7, and 8. When you felt overwhelemed with school work and your friends seemed to matter more. How you dressed, how your hair looked, and even the makeup you wore seemed to be of most importance. When what you did started to really matter. When people started to talk about "your future" more and more.

Let's go even farther, to high school, it was a place you either loved or hated. Personally, i hated high school, it was my worst experience. The only year I enjoyed was grade 11, every other year sucked. This is the time you wanted to be a kid again, and go back to the days you thought were "simple", but at the same time all you wanted to do was grow up and move out, get away from everyone who made your life a living hell. Get away from life. You took on more responsibilities, a job, school work, maybe even relationships. Life became even more stressful.

Now, for me, I'm in my last semester of college and I think back on all of this. I wonder why I ever thought life would be better as an adult. I want to be a kid again, when life was easy, simple, and everything felt right. When what people thought didnt matter, when there wasnt so much work on my plate. When the fact that I'm graduating and going to be out in the real world never even crossed my mind. I didnt worry so much, I didnt care so much.

Sometimes, I really want to go back to that. I think of Taylor Swifts so "never Grow Up" and think yeah, I want to be a kid, I want to be like that.... but at the same time, I want to grow up because I want to get married and have kids. I want to live my life.

So the question remains, is being a kid really better then being an adult. There are so many things about kids we still dont know...like kids are under a lot of stress, you imagine a child who wants to wear a certain top but their mother wont let them...that WILL cause them stress. It seems so mediocre, so simple and such a small thing to stress about...but its true.

Would you rather stress about something like that or something that matters in life...like your kids and your family, your loved ones.

Think about that the next time you wanna be a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment