Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Have a look around, read a bit about me! I'm sure you'll find things a little interesting :)

Monday, October 25, 2010

SPEAK NOW!!!

So OMG! speak now came out today and i LOVE it!!! Taylor Swift has gone beyond all my expectations. Among my favourites are Sparks Fly, Back to December, Dear John, Better than Revenge, Ours. Of course, i LOVE all the songs, but those are the ones I love best!

I'm gonna go through each song and review it...

The first song is Mine. Now, Mine has been out since August, and I've loved it from the very beginning! The song is so beautiful, like a love story/fairy tale thing. The video is SO empowering, and emotional. The song describes a happily-ever-after love, that Taylor says is how she pictures it happening...although we all know not everything we picture actually happens. However, the song is wonderful, and the lyrics relatable.

Sparks Fly is the second track. This song has been out for about 2 years now, but it was only a live version before hand. Taylor has changed the lyrics up a bit and made it so simple amazing! it is definatly one of m favourite songs on the CD, seeing as it has been one of my favourite songs since I first heard it! I wish she had left the lyrics, but the change may very well be for the better!

Back to December is a song about a love that she ended and wishes she could take back. Now, we, the fans, have been able to easily figure out it is about Taylor Lautner, but no matter who it's about, the song is simply beautiful. It's a sad love song, but the lyrics and the beat is just so empowering and emotional... it's definatly a song I'd listen to and cry if Jeff and i were to ever break up.

Speak Now is a song she wrote about a dream she had after a friend told her about an ex getting married. In her dream, she burst in a "spoke now" when the "preacher said speak now or forever hold your peace." the song is funny, and catchy, and just a good little song to listen to. It's not as personal as some of her other ones, but I'm sure there's a story behind it. There always is lol.

Dear John is a VERY long but wonderful song. It speaks of a man (john) who she fell for, but he played games. He never loved her, and left her alone to cry. A lot of people think it's about John Mayer, however, nothing has been proven. Many people also seem to thunk that the lyrics somehow say she slept (had sex) with him...I can sorta see it if thats what your looking for...and based on his rep its likely...but Taylor seems smarter...but you never know. Anyways, I love this song, the lyrics are amazing, and very poetic!

Mean is a song that I think is very catchy and funny. It talks about her being big and this guy just being mean. I love the beat to it, and cant wait to learn and sing along to it! Its a fun song, and talks about life and mean people.

The Story of Us is basically a song where she thougjht the relationship would last, and she'd tell the story of them, but the relationsip died and shes left alone in a room. I like this song, its a sad song, but again, the lyrics are amazing!

Never grow up...what to say about this song? its a song about her mobing out on her own and not wanting to grow up...it sings about a little grow asking never to grow up and stay young and innocent forever. It's definatly a song I'd wanna say to a little girl (let it be a niece that is yet to exist, or a friends child...etc) or even my own child. Its simple a beautiulf song.

Enchanted, the song sounds to be about a meeting with someone that was simple enchanting...it was wonderful and she wish it would have gone on, but nothing happened that night and she wishes, dreams and prays to meet him again someday. She hopes he doesnt love anyone, and that nobodys waiting for him. I quiet like this song as well!

Better than Revenge! Now, this song has a rock edge to it! I LOVE it! Its catchy and I'll be FOREVER singing it when I learn it! I love the way the lyrics are written, and I LOVE how she says "there is nothing i do better than revenge"! Definatly one of my FAVE songs!

Innocent, now this song was premiered at the VMA awards, and is typically about kanya West and the way he interupted her acceptance last VMA awards... the song is also about making mistakes and still being "innocent" because we all do it, and theres always a way to start over. I really love the lyrics to this song, because it is VERY relatable to a lot of people.

Haunted reminds me a bit of a Kelly Clarkson song..at least the orignal version does, jsut because of the beat of the song. Theres an aucoustic version included as well...anwyays it seems to be another break up song, however i still love it! The lyrics are quiet beautiful and, again, relatable for a lot of people!

Last Kiss is a sad song, personally. It reminds me, again, of something I'd listen to if Jeff and I were to ever break up, cuz the lyrics sound like what I'd relate to if it happened. I believe this one is also about Taylor Lautner, but I can't be sure. However, I lvoe the song!

Long Live, I can't exactly figure out what it's about...except a big moment that you want remembered. I like the lyrics, and they make me think of her mom or something...but it says "we were the kings and queens, and they read off our names"... unless shes talking about her band...im not exactly sure, but i love the song regardless!

On the delux version...there are 3 new songs!

Ours is my FAVOURITE because the lyrics are SOOO relatable for me and Jeff. Here are some I think we relate to...

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves, They'll judge it like they know about me and you, And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do, The jury's out, but my choice is you" ... "And it's not theirs to speculate, If it's wrong and your hands are tough but they are where mine belong and, I'll fight their doubt and give you faith with this song for you

Obviously, i think it's pretty obvious why I think we relate to these lyrics...people disapproving of us, judging us like they know us....speculating even though they have no right... but I have the faith and I choose him... "this love is ours"

I love Ours, its a song about a relationship that gets doubts, and worries, but the love is theirs and there is no worries because they love each other :)

If this was a movie is cute, about how perfect life is supposed to be, like in the movies, but obiovusly its not. I like the song, though.

Superman is like a dream song about a man who is "superman", hes perfect. However, hes gone, she "watched him fly away", and he is no longer hers. She wants him to come back, shes waiting on the ground for him to come back down. While he's gone, she doesn't want him to forget about her. The song is cute, i like it, and i love the title :) (smallville, hehe lol)

OVERALL i LOVE Taylor Swift's new album, and I HIGHLY recomend it to ANYONE! The songs are beautiful, meaningful, and perosnally, they touch my heart and make me feel Taylor's oain/happiness! Way to go Tay Tay, you have NOT failed to disappoint me, I knew you wouldnt!

A very happy and loving
Nessie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment