Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Have a look around, read a bit about me! I'm sure you'll find things a little interesting :)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Holiday are not what they are!

So heres my newest rant....how people seem to take holidays and chnage them for their own convience! Nothing is celebrated for the proper reasons anymore! What bring sthis to my attention? Well today is St. Patrick's day, and I'm pretty sure the history behind this day is NOT about getting drunk!

Looking up a bit of information on it, it seems as if St. Patrick's day is supposed to be a religious holiday. It is celebrated by attending church, fasting, and, yes drinking...but NOT GETTING DRUNK! I can not even find WHY people INSIST on getting drunk during this day. It takes away the whole reason of celebrating. Why get drunk, I still dont see the purpose in it. Its stupid really, drinking, getting drunk.... why do something that your not even going to remember later....

And its not just St. Patrick's day that demeans the holiday spirit...Christmas is forgotten about its true reasons, people have changed it to presents and not about the true reason, the birth of Chirst. Easter is about Candy and not about his reserection (spelt wrong lol but w.e).... Valentines day is about cards and not about St. Valentine... every holiday can be taken a look at and seen where it is beyond what its supposed to be. People don't care about the reason anymore, its juts been so thrust upon them through their lives as children as what the made up reason is that they forget the real reasons.

I'm ashamed...although I will admit I dont celebrate for real reasons, but I'm not religious...instead I choose not to really celbrate (with the exception of Christmas, however that I see more as a family thing than a present thing). I dont care about Valentines day, I can go without the romance, cards,candy ect. I dont care about St. Patricks day I'm not even going to drink...I just don't care.

Of course in todays society it's just another reaosn to drink. Well drink up you fucking idiots! Your just ruining your lives that way anyways.

Till Later,
Nessie

No comments:

Post a Comment