Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Have a look around, read a bit about me! I'm sure you'll find things a little interesting :)

Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo!!

SO!!! NaNoWriMo offically starts today! Am I worried?! A little lol!

If you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it's National Novel Writing Month...basically, you write a 50,000 word book during the month of Novemeber! It's crazy hard because on top of homework and things, I've got to write a novel! It is a lot of fun though, and definatly a great experience for practice for becoming a writer!

Now, I hadn't had time to even prepare for NaNoWriMo with the amount of homework I've had, so going into it this year is pretty insane for me! Pretty much I just started writing, and I'm going with the idea I started, which I believe I can use this one part I started to write for a different story in this... hopefully anyways!

Last year, I did a story that I had like the first page written, and ended up writing 27000 words... however, last year was also my first semester of college and a lot less work! I am now in third semester and loaded up with homework and assignments and my future approaching crazy fast! I must be insane to be doing this! However, I love to write, and if I fail this year...well... theres always next year!

50,000 words seems a lot to write in a month, and it is! Imagine writing a WHOLE book in one month! Not many people can say that...in fact, the first story I wrote seriosuly was about 50000 words and i wrote it in 2 months....but the story was terribly written, and definatly not what I would expect of myself now a days.

I'm looking fowards to seeing what my imagination will bring me...the story is off to an interesting start, and I'm not ahsmaed to say I have NO CLUE where it's going...but thats the glory of writing, the imagination it takes to write a story can take you into starnge and new places, and you may have the best piece of writing ever, or the worst. The fact is, you never know what will become of a story! You cna plot, plot, plot, but in the end, the final draft is almost nothing like what you started with.

I'll probably sit down some day this week and figure out a few details to put into the story, how I want it to end and such, but for now, I'll free write, and let me mind take me away! my goal is 2000 words a day...wish me luck!

Till later,
I'll definatly be sure to update through this month...
nessie <3

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I saw your link on the forum on the NaNoWriMo site, so I thought I would stop by and check it out.

    Just want to say that sometimes a plan doesn't help when it comes to NaNo. :)

    Good luck with your word count!

    ReplyDelete