Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Have a look around, read a bit about me! I'm sure you'll find things a little interesting :)

Monday, November 8, 2010

Appearances, and the pointlessness of them

So, this blog is to discuss how, in my personal opinion, worrying about your appearance is pretty pointless. I can remember when I used to not leave the house without a little makeup on, always made sure my hair looked good, I wanted to wear my heels everytime I left, I made sure my clothes looked good, and I had earrings on. Lately, as in the past 9 months, I havent cared about makeup, earings, or how my hair looks. I still like to wear nice clothes, and I enjoy my heels (or at least shoes that 'click' when you walk), but I'm not too concerned about them.

The reason that brought this about was the fact that I got psoriasis and it affected my eyes and ears and I didnt wanna put makeup on my eyes and clog my pores more than they already were, making them more dry. I couldn't wear earrings because the psoriasis was blocking my holes. I had scalp psoriasis as well, so I didnt wanna put too much product in my hair and affect that, so I stopped caring so much about how I looked.

At first, I was a little self consious about it; I was worried my new boyfriend wouldnt like me as much because I wasnt looking as good as I did when we met... but he assured me he loved the way I look regardless...in fact he likes me better without makeup, loves my hair a mess, and ear rings just got in his way lol.

I started to realzie, that natural beauty really is better than the fake shit, plastering make up, dressing in fancy clothes trying to look hot, and making sure your hair is perfect...it was just a waste of time. Going to the bathroom every hour, or checking your pocket mirror every chance you had, just to make sure everything was still perfect...it was stupid, its pointless, and it justs makes you look fake. So i stopped.

Even after my psoriasis has basically cleared up on my face, and my eares are free for earrings, I just dont care about wearing them, or wasting time putting make up and looking fake. I am beautiful just the way i am, and I dont care what people think. I am who I am, I look the way I look, and I dont need makeup and nice perfect hair to prove to anyone.

THIS IS ME!!!


(no makeup...now a-days!!)

(with makeup)

Personally, I think I look perfectly beautiful without it!

A natural Beauty,
Nessie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment